Christmas in July would be quite welcome today! I didn't make the trail run this morning as I decided it better to sleep in after enjoying a phenomenal evening at the Journey concert last night. We got in at 1 am, and I was ready for a good long winter's nap.
I couldn't believe my eyes when they opened at 10:25 this morning! I knew I would be sleeping in, but 8:30 would have been sleeping in, this was pure indulgence!
There was a price for my laziness. I still needed to get my run in today and by the time I got out there, it was 93 degrees! That burning smell wasn't just your toast, Barbara... it was my sorry, sweaty self!
Mark rode alongside me and I was so glad he was there, but I felt ridiculous as I nearly crashed and burned on the Nature Preserve Trail. Of course that stump appeared out of nowhere and directly after I had thought to myself, "wouldn't it be quite embarrassing to fall in front of Mark!" Not even two seconds later, BAM! I hit a stump or root, not sure which, didn't care to look back to see what it was exactly. Thankfully, I caught myself before I ate the dirt and managed to stay upright. At that point, I lost the gumption to run and walked quite a bit. I was in a zone and lost that focus after tripping.
I managed to finish the run up, a 7.1 mile recovery run at 10:35 pace.
One other note, I am at 111 miles this month. I've never been over 80 miles before. It feels good, although I am a bit more tired than usual.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
111 Miles! You don't have time for a TRI! :-)
No way!! Too cool! You're an inspiration! Sure you have time for a tri! At your current level of fitness, no training needed. It's just another athletic outing!
Post a Comment